Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Soul-spotting

9 SIR has been an amazing unit (so far), what with me only emceeing for parades hence I can forego standing under the scorching sun for hours marching in and out following commands while I lepak under the tent, speaking only when need to. The stay out course has been welcoming, allowing me to reunite with my friends from 1 SIR (its something like those North and South Korean reunion stories).

-

Did rock-climbing today with my army mates and I realised how lau hong I've been for gymnastics and roc climbing. My limbs have truly atrophied to nothing more than mere stumps and climbing has never been so tiring. Which makes me wonder, how was I so fit in my pre-teen days and how did I de-generate to this useless piece of blob I am now?

Answer: Most likely during my MCM years. Who exercise?

-

I've sunk so deep into ennui
I forgot who I really am
My anguished husk
Torments in troubled Tethys

I lay dormant deep in abyss
Emotions clamped.

I tried skimming the surface
Soul-spotting
And every time I tried to dive
The ocean spit me back out

Its buoyancy like the Dead Sea
Sinners' salt secretion saturate.

So what if, 
I jumped off a tall cliff
Hoping the velocity will be
Enough to pummel through

Enough to salvage myself and 
Reset.

I don't care if it takes me years 
To resurrect like the desert rose
Seeds containing millions of choices
Waiting for that opportune storm

But - like the desert rose - I
Will always remain in the desert

So I will reset, resurrect, reset resurrect
Until I latch on to a wayfarer
To a place where I do not have
To fear of sinking

No comments:

Post a Comment